Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Disappointment

Well I had gotten all excited from a meeting yesterday they had decided to send me and a couple other guys down to Anchorage for a meeting. Now the word is that we are just going to teleconference in from up here. So I am stuck on this Island until further notice. Well here are a couple of pictures of the arctic fox I saw during my trip to town yesterday. It was directly in front of the Caribou Inn in downtown Prudhoe Bay. We had to wait for it to pass by before getting out of the truck as 80% of the fox population up here carries the rabies virus.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, um... I can definitely see why nature gave arctic animals a white coat. Well, that is to say I can't see the fox so I guess he has a good camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is dead center of the frame in both pictures. In the raod right in front of the building. I saw a red fox from the bus on the ride in and it stood out in stark contrast against the white snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry babe, I know you were looking forward to Anchorage. I hope that means the entire trip will be shorter and you will be HOME sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had meetings most of the day today and it was determined that the settings I am waiting on will be here sometime mid-next week. Then I can begin working. So I am simply pitching in and helping where I can in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete